Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gelisi Antonio Oltrepo Pavese

Wine: Gelisi Antonio Oltrepo Pavese Sangue di Giuda "Blood of Judas"
Store: Farm Fresh Wine Tasting
Price: ~$10.00

"#1 Italian Wine in US military exchanges. Sweet and a bit frothy with aromas of fragrant bouquets and violets and jam. " ~www.dolcceimports.com

I tried this wine at a wine tasting at our local grocery store. I tried it at two different tastings before I actually purchased it, not because I needed convincing, but because it was more expensive than my typical bottle of wine. And I'm so glad I did...

It's a super yummy wine. Very fruity, without being over the top. There is a nice effervescence to it as well. And it's great with chocolate, especially dark chocolate. I'm enjoying a bit Ghiradehli with at this particular moment.

No comments: