Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sweet Baby Jesus!

Beer: Sweet Baby Jesus Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter
Store:The Virginia Wine Experience (Fredericksburg, Va)
Cost: ???

Once upon a time, I thought I only liked really light beers; recently, though, I've found that darker = more flavor. Besides, most cheap, nasty beer is light (not to say all light beers are nasty), so there has to be something going on with the darker beers. This beer is like a party in your mouth. It's sweet and bitter all at once. As soon as you pick it up, you automatically get the smell of sweet peanut butter. You first experience a bitter cocoa taste with the beer, followed up by the sweet peanut butter. It is a very strong taste, but reminds me of a dark chocolate, alcoholic Reese Cup. It's not something for everyone, and it didn't really mesh with the barbeque I had earlier with it. This is a late evening beer to enjoy with a vanilla dessert.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

No comments: