Sunday, February 6, 2011

Robertson Winery Natural Sweet Red

Photo courtesy of Robertson Winery
Wine: Robertson Winery Natural Sweet Red
Price: $4.99 (I think...I need to make better records of this.)
Store: Trader Joe's

"The Natural Sweet Range is made in its very own unique way by blending varietals to showcase fruity and fresh, floral flavours.This process leads to wine packed with natural sweet flavours that are low in alcohol and very quaffable. Serve well chilled." ~http://www.robertsonwinery.co.za/rwrnatsweet.htm

For Superbowl Weekend (i.e. Steeler weekend in this house), we're visiting the in-laws. Now I am not a football fan, but the hubs family is from outside of Pittsburgh, so they are excited (and nervous) for today's big event. I could care less, and the antagonist in me almost want to root for the Packers. If I cared a little more about football, I might actually do that, but I just don't care enough.

As I have mentioned before, mother and sister in law are fans of the sweet wines. We were strolling the aisle of Trader Joe's the other evening, looking for a "Kool Aid" wine, and this was recommended to us. It's sweet and fruity-almost has hints of blackberry in it-but it's not intolerable either. With some sweet wines, it's all I can do to choke down a glass, but this is unoffensive. It's not something that I would seek out on my, and I'm sure I won't purchase it to have in our house, but it's something I can tolerate when around non-wine drinkers.

No comments: