Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Importance of the Weekend

I hate fall. That's a lie. I actually love fall-it's one of my favorite times of year. Unfortunately, my schedule is super sucky in the fall-especially this fall. I am working a third job (working with the marching band), which is a huge time commitment in the evenings and weekends, and I've working overload on my primary job. Two weeks ago (and into last weekend), my schedule was horrid. Mondays and Wednesdays I leave school to go directly to the studio; Tuesdays and Thursdays are band practice in the evenings.

Friday, I worked straight through the entire with in a frazzled fury of energy to go directly to my marching band job (practice and then a football game)...finally getting home about 10:30 that evening.

Saturday we had a parade, which meant I was back up at school by 8AM.

Parade was rained out. Ran home, straightened things up a little in order to get ready to go out again.

Niece's first birthday party (2PM)

Military promotion party (4PM). Take too many shots, have an emotional break down before leaving, rough ride home, and stumble into bed.

Sunday morning-lots of bread and water...feeling too rough to do much, but the hubs wants to go. So...

Off to the county fair.


Wait for FIL to stop by.

Run errands.

Wait for FIL to stop by.

Run to a friends house to do some laundry as our dryer was broken.

Realize FIL isn't going to stop by.

Frantically get ready to start the week again.

This week was even worse as I had auditions scheduled after school in addition to the band practices. There was one saving grace, though. The dryer repairman was coming on Friday, sometime between 8AM and 5PM. That meant someone had to stay home and wait for him, and as luck would have it, it was me.

I truly needed that day off. I feel so much better and refreshed. We had another band event that was rained out yesterday, and then nothing I had to do today...that was 3 days in a row to do what I needed to for myself. What a relief.

I know that weekends like this are few and far between, but I've got to make sure that right now while my schedule is super crazy to take a little more time for me. I feel so much better prepared for the week now that I have had some time to recuperate from last week.

No comments: