Thursday, February 2, 2012

Espiral Vinho Rose

Wine:Espiral Vinho Rose
Store: Trader Joe's
Price: $5.99 (I think)
"A refreshing, light, fruity rose wine, Espiral Rose is delicious on it's own as an apertif or with all fish dishes, shellfish, white meats, and salads." ~Back of the Bottle

I know I said in my last post, I'd post more. And I haven't. Oops. Well, I have some exciting (to me) things coming up, and hopefully, I'll be more interested in posting. Part of the problem is, ever since I got my super exciting iPhone, I hang out online in on that in the evenings, rather than on the iMac where I can get to blogger.

At any rate, on to the wine. I love this wine. I have made no secret that Espiral's Vinho Verde is one of my all time favorites, and certainly is my go to wine. This is a nice addition. I have not been a fan of blush wines for quite a while. Most are very bland and uninteresting. The light effervescence in this makes it the flavor more interesting. In general it is sweet and fruity, with just a touch of tanginess. I enjoyed this wine by itself this evening, while getting in some cleaning, but I would love this with a light pasta dish with either chicken or shellfish. This wine is not for every one, but I really am enjoying it.

Rating: 4 1/2 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

The Gourmez said...

You enjoyed it much more than I did! It was more of a 2.5 to 3 for me, and I had such high hopes because I love vinho verde. I quoted your thoughts over on my blog.

Eric Hope said...

I got online just now with the EXPRESS PURPOSE of finding out if that light effervescence was supposed to be there. Judging from your post, I'm assuming it is? I feared I'd stumbled onto a bad bottle! I was debating pouring it down the drain, but I really don't like to do that (a wine really has to get on my bad side for me to do that). If the effervescence is SUPPOSED to be there, then I will have to give it another try (perhaps in a few minutes. The bottle is next to me as I write this). What I remember of it was that it was a tad sweet for my taste. Will give it another go-round...