Saturday, September 5, 2009

Margaritaville Last Mango Margarita


Drink: Margaritaville Last Mango Margarita
Price: $16.00ish (Should have paid more attention)
Store: Virgina ABC

"Take time to make friends instead of drinks with
Margaritaville ready-to-drink margaritas. Enjoy their
smooth and refreshing taste on the rocks or frozen.

Simply pour over ice and Enjoy!

19.9 proof (9.95% alcohol)
Available in two convenient sizes: 750ml and 1.75L"
~www.margaritavillecocktails.com

I love the idea of pre-mixed cocktails...no errors with ratios or having a mixer but no liquor. It's just easier. In reality, though, they're not always what you had hoped. Sometimes too strong, too sweet, too weak, whatever. When the hubs and I were in the local Alcohol Beverage Control Store, we saw this and decided to give it a shot. I decided to mix up a little as an after dinner drink for us tonight.

It was nice-I did enjoy it. Mango-y, with little indication of tequila. I have used the mango flavored margarita mix before, along with the mango tequila, to make great margaritas, and I must admit, I prefer to do it that way. I like my margaritas on the stronger side, and I have more control over that when I mix it myself. In a nut shell, a decent cocktail in a pinch, but it's probably better to get the mix and make your own.

No comments: