Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Oakton Lane Petite Sirah


Wine: Oakton Lane 2009 Paso Robles Petite Sirah
Price: ??? Gift
Store: ???Gift

"Cabernet, Zinfandel, Syrah and Petite Sirah are all top-billed stars on the Paso Robles stage. The uninterupted sunshine and dry climate is helping producers create "fruit bombs" out of wine. Anthony Riboli of Maddalena/San Antonio Winery has been working for many years in Paso Robles vineyards, cultivating wines with enormous character and personality like our Oakton Lane Petite Sirah . Deep blue-black intensity of color, spicy ripe flavors and aromas of blueberries arise from this supple, velvet-styled varietal." ~ www.4seasonswine.com

A friend of mine gave me this wine for my birthday this summer, and I love it! I tend towards shiraz/syrah/sirah, so this was right up my alley. This has a very mild scent, but a very full bodied flavor. I was picking up on hints of something, but wasn't sure what it was. After reading the description, it's definitely the blueberries I was tasting. Very smooth going down and quite enjoyable.

Rating; 4.5 stars out of 5

No comments: