Saturday, October 17, 2009

Blue Fin Pinot Noir


Wine: Blue Fin Pinot Noir
Store: Trader Joe's
Price: $3.99

“Blue Fin Pinot Noir, a new addition to the Blue Fin family, is a vibrant, ruby-colored wine with rich, fresh berry and currant flavors and a velvety smooth finish. This wine is priced at the ridiculously low $3.99 a bottle – a perfect example of our favorite equation: quality + price = value.” ~ Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer


This is a very smooth drinking red wine. Quite possibly my favorite red wine. There are some very subtle hints of berry which gives it the slightest hint of sweetness. There is a slightly acidic after taste, but it's not at all unpleasant. This is a great cheap wine.

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been drinking mostly white Pinot Grigio for years. I decided for the added health benefits of red to start trying them. I love Rioja and several others - and then ran across this at Trader Joe's. I think it's a perfect "bridge wine" for people like me. It is fruity, not very complex but not too heavy either. I live in a warm region of the country so this is just perfect. If you are a white drinker, this red just may be for you!