Sunday, August 21, 2011

Biltmore Reserve Riesling

Wine: Biltmore Reserve Riesling
Store: Purchased at Biltmore Winery
Price: Gift (retails online for $10.99)

"...Crafted from North Carolina's finest grapes, this classic Riesling is crisp and semi-sweet with delicate fruit flavors and a hint of spice." ~Back of the Bottle

A friend of ours had the opportunity to visit and tour the illustrious Biltmore Estate and winery. He thoughtfully brought us back this bottle of wine. Now, I am picky about my sweet wines. I find that in my ripe, old age, I much prefer dryer wines to sweeter ones. This one is sweet with regards to the fruit flavors, but it is not overpoweringly sweet. I did not feel like I was drinking perfume. The Hubs and I enjoyed this as an after dinner drink on this fine, late summer evening, and we both really enjoyed it. I wish I had some strawberries, or other light fruit to enjoy with it, but overall a good experience.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments: