Sunday, July 8, 2012

14 Hands Hot to Trot Red

Wine: 14 Hands Hot to Trot Red
Store: This was gifted to me, but I have seen it at Fresh Market
Price: Once again, gifted, but listed on www.14hands.com for $12.00.

"This approachable and easy drinking red wine offers generous aromas of berries, cherries and currants. A plush framework of soft tannins supports the red and dark fruit flavors that leisurely give way to subtle notes of baking spice and mocha on the finish." 14Hands.com

Last night, we celebrated my 30th birthday with some family and friends. I was completely surprised and overwhelmed with everyone's love and gifts! I did not expect this, but I ended up with 9 bottles of wine and a bottle of Smirnoff Premixed Pomegranate Martini. Apparently, my family and friends know me well. In short, you can expect lots of wine reviews in the future, as I haven't tried many of these wines before.

Without further ado, on to this wine. I have not had this particular wine before, but I have had the white blend by the same vineyard. This is definitely an easy drinking red. The nose is full bodied, with hints of berries and chocolate, and the flavor delivers those flavors in a very smooth fashion. The hubster decided to make some crepes tonight in order to get rid of some almost going bad strawberries, and it went very well with dessert. Light enough to enjoy in the summer, and definitely complimentary of the sweet flavors in the  dessert without being overwhelming.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments: