Thursday, November 29, 2012

TTC- On to Month 2

August 8, 2012

So here we are, on month #2 of TTC. Month #1, although fun, was obviously not productive. Our timing sucked, so I can't say I'm too surprised.

Month #2, however, already has some new challenges. In a studio faculty meeting, it came up that this year is the 20th anniversary of the student company-the company I grew up dancing with and now choreograph for. This show will probably feature a fair amount of alumni performances. I don't know when the show will be, but it will be in the spring. Depending on when/if we conceive, I probably will not be able to perform in this show. I'd typically be ok with that, but this is kind of a big deal. I am trying to decide if I'm not able to perform, how will I feel about it? Is this enough reason to stop trying? How far long can I be and still try to perform? If I decide to delay TTC for a few months, that might put me on Maternity leave at the beginning of the school year, which I really don't want to happen. So then dowe put it off longer? Another year? And all of this could be moot. We could have trouble TTC. If we delay, and then have trouble, it would make it that much longer. Then again, it could be we wait, and the performance is not worth it. There are so many unknowns, but I can't ask without giving away our prospective plans.

And then delaying things a few months (to a year) would give us more time to get finances in order and redo our kitchen. But are these really reasons to put off something so important? In the grand scheme of life, this month or next would be the most ideal for conceiving. I'd have a little bit of time off at the end of school year, then all summer off with the baby. I hope to talk to a friend of mine who  has an acute understanding of me and this organization, hopefully she can offer some guidance or at least help metalk it out. 

No comments: