Friday, November 30, 2012

TTC-Patience is a virtue.

August 24, 2012

Patience is the theme of the day. I have none.  Today, I spent all day waiting for the repairman to come and fix our cable, internet, and phone. (Even with a 4 hour window, he was still 2 1/2 hours late.) But worse I am feeling so many "weird" symptoms and constantly plagued with "Am I pregnant? Am I not? What's going on with my body right now?"

It's so hard not over analyze every little thing that is going on with my body. Tonight in particular, I feel like my uterus/ovaries/whatever is doing a little dance. It's not crampy, just a little twingey. What's that? I'm sure it's always there, but I'm so honed in on it right now, I'm just noticing it. The weird "symptom," though, that I'm sure is abnormal is I am so ridiculously hot and then freezing the next. My temps have been staying up on my chart, which is exciting, and I can't help but wonder if surges of hormones are causing my temperature to jump around. It's so weird to me to say I feel hot when usually I am always frigid. Lastly, I've been pretty tired this week, but I think that has more to do with starting back to work than anything else. And maybe some allergy related stuff, too.

I don't know if I am feeling this way because to me, this is a prime month for getting pregnant. Because it's so important to me, and so new, I think I'm jumping the gun on everything. But on the other hand, I really feel like this is our month. I don't want to put too much stock into that feeling, be wrong, and disappointed later, but my intuition is usually pretty good. So...I'm torn. As of tonight, I have taken three (negative) pregnancy tests already, fully knowing it is too early for a positive. I am only 9 DPO (Days Past Ovulation) right now...I'm going to try to hold off testing again till Saturday, 1) when it's more likely to be accurate and 2) before I drink tailgating at Buffett!

So when it comes to waiting, I'm really struggling this month.

No comments: