Monday, June 28, 2010

Diaper Cake version 2.0

Some my cousin and his wife are expecting a baby, due in September, and I, along with my mom and sister, are hosting a baby shower in August. Well, for those of you who do not know, I teach in the public school system. and this just happens to be our first week of summer vacation. I tend to be like a work dog, though, and frequently do not know what to do with myself when I excess free time. I have spent copious amounts of time this week planning (and re-planning) this baby shower. And I decided to put my creative energy to use making another diaper cake.

Now, I will not bore with a tutorial as I did before. And I did not take copious amounts of before pictures of all fun objects I included. So I'll just show you the final product, with some details as to what it's inside.


1. 96 Newborn Diapers -$29.99
2. I supplemented with 9 Size 1 Diapers left over from the diaper wreath
3. 2 Soothie Pacifers $3.99
4. Bright Starts Teething Toys (3 pack)$3.99
5. Johnson and Johnson First Touch Gift Set (Head to Toe Wash, Shampoo, Lotion, Desitin) $9.99
6. Johnson and Johnson Travel Set (Baby Powder,Head to Toe Wash, Shampoo, Lotion, Desitin)    $2.99
7. 2 Bottle Brushes $2.99
8. Newborn Brush and Comb Set $1.99
9. Newborn Nail Clipping Set (Scissors, Clippers, Emmery Boards) $1.99
10. 3 Playtex Ventaire Bottles $12.99
11. Aspirator $0.99
12. Bib (in one of the bottles)  $10.99

Other Supplies
1. Cheap Platter $2.99
2. Ribbon $1.50
3. Rubber Bands (already had them) Free

Total: $91.75 (adjusted for appropriate sales tax)
Still Need to Get
1. Topper-looking for a fun stuffed animal to match the nursery
2. Fillers for 2 of the bottles. 1 already has an M&M bib I purchased up in NYC. Another is going to have a baby tutu, and the other a ballerina sleeper. Neither have been secured yet.

Overall, I was pretty happy with how it turned out. It certainly wasn't as cheap as I had hoped, but I think it'll be well worth it.

2 comments:

baby gifts said...

That’s absolutely pretty. Love it! Thanks for sharing what’s inside of that adorable diaper cake.

Alliyah Mae Lim said...

Lil' Baby Cakes handmade diaper cakes are created in a 100% non-smoking, non-pet design studio.