Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cheeseburger in Paradise, again

The past two weeks have been super busy and not really good. Without going into silly details, the hubs's college is playing games with him regarding his degree...5 weeks after graduation. On top of some other stuff going, we decided that Friday afternoon after work was the perfect time to use a gift card to Cheeseburger in Paradise, one of our favorite restaurants.

I love that we got there in plenty of time for happy hour. I started off the afternoon with a classic margarita, while the hubs had a classic mojito. I loved my margarita, and the hubs's mojito was pretty good, too. For our second round, I had the blueberry sangria, while the hubs had the mango peach mojito. Once again, the hubs drink was good, and mine was...eh. First of all, mine was huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.It tasted good...but a lot like the blueberry punch I made for Sarah's baby shower. According to the menu, it was mixed with Barefoot Chardonnay, but I tasted no alcohol whatsoever. And I like to be able to taste my alcohol in a given drink. I'd definitely try another of their sangria's again, but I'd probably avoid the blueberry.

As far as food goes, both the hubs and I enjoyed our meals. I had the Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Sweet Potato Chips (my favorite ever) and the hubs had the Eggs-Straordinary  Burger with Fries (has anyone else noticed that eggs on burgers have been gaining popularity lately) and Gumbo. We both loved our food, and our afternoon certainly helped to perk up our day.

No comments: