Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Morning

My body somehow decided this morning it wanted to be up early, so I here I sit, Christmas Morning, waiting for the hubs to get up so we can go to my sister's house for Breakfast. It has been a fantastic Christmas thus far. We had a great time with my family last night-my grandmother's health was good, my nephew is doing remarkably well, and in general there was a sense of happiness and frivolity.

The hubs and I came home last night and enjoyed Christmas between us. He was extremely thoughtful with his gifts this year, and really seemed to enjoy what I had for him. On top of all that, we really enjoyed each other's company last night.

Today the plan is to go to my sister's for breakfast and be with our nephew for his first Christmas. From there, we will stop and see my grandmother who is in assisted living and then make our way up to his parents house for the next couple of days. We'll get the opportunity to see his grandparents and his uncle who, in our 7 years together, I have never met. We also have plans to go shopping and enjoy Ikea.

In the midst of all this exciting, I'm so thrilled to be able to share it with close family and friends. It is important for me to keep perspective on this Holiday. And while I am a Christian, I think that there is a lot to be taken from this season regardless of what belief system you follow. Love, kindness, and peace are all universal ideas , and I hope that you see examples of them throughout your day, week, even year.

God bless us, everyone.

No comments: