Thursday, December 31, 2009

Our Trip to Ikea

The hubs and I both have a bit of an obsession with Ikea. He loves the kitchen items they have, and most of the decor and furniture is up his alley, too. We live about 3 hours from one, but his parents live about 45 minutes from. Since we were up there for Christmas, we decided to take a little trip up to Ikea.

Now, we only go one or twice a year, and this time we had a mission to buy a big piece of furniture, so we knew it was going to be an expensive trip. Here are some of the spoils of our visit:

My guest bedroom finally feels complete with my Myken Mirror and Reslig Frame. I'm still not happen with the picture in the frame...it needs some adjusting, but I looooove this mirror. It makes me so excited.
We have had issues with a towel rack in our bathroom since we first moved in. We could not get a traditional towel rack to stay in the wall. We found this Grundtal towel rack that the hubs said he might actually use. The bathroom needs a little touch up work where the old rack attempted to hang, but overall, I'm quite happy.
We hated our old, ugly florescent light fixture in the kitchen. A couple months ago (sometime during the summer), the fixture stopped working correctly. We switched out the bulbs, but nothing. When we hung the Kramare light fixture, we could see again! The only problem is that it is a bit skinner than the fixture hole, so I'll be off to Home Depot or Lowes in order to get that covered.
And finally, our piece de resistance. I had been searching for something for to house our massive DVD collection for 2 years now. Nothing I liked would house it all for an agreeable price. So we got one of the Billy Bookcases with the glass doors and two extra shelves. I think it looks great in the room, and I'm love how it stores our DVDs. We have plenty of room to keep expanding, too.

Now if only there were an Ikea closer...

No comments: