Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Baby Clothing Bouquet

Yet another craft I am attempting for the upcoming baby shower. I'm not the craftiest person I know, but I certainly enjoy making stuff. I can't help it. And I

Supplies:
  • Baby Clothing (I used 1 sleeper, 1 hat, 3 pairs of socks, 6 onesies, 8 wash clothes)
  • Dowel Rods
  • Floral Tape
  • Styrofoam blocks
  • Basket, vase, or other such container
  • Tissue Paper
  1. Roll each of the items of apparel. The onesies did best when you tucked in the sleeves and and rolled from the bottom up. Fan out the material some to make it look more like a rose.
  2. Use the rubber band to hold the "rose."
  3. Insert a dowel rod in the center.
  4. Use floral tape to wrap from the rubber band down to the dowel. This works well as it leaves no residue.
  5. Arrange the Styrofoam in the vase or basket that you are using.
  6. Insert the dowel into the Styrofoam and arrange.
  7. Using green tissue paper, arrange at the bottom of the basket/vase to cover the Styrofoam.
  8. I hot glued ribbon the to basket to dress it up a bit.
  9. Use as a centerpiece for baby shower.
***For the record, the sleeper is the really big "flower" in the middle. I'm still not pleased with it, and attempting to make it prettier.***

No comments: