Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wine Cork Wreath

Finally, a crafting post that has something to do with wine!!!! After many, many years of collecting wine corks, I have finally (re)completed my wine cork wreath. I worked on it last year, had it completed, but my method of laying down the corks did not work so well. The next thing I knew I had wine corks falling all over my floor. So about two weeks ago, I took around the remnants of wreath apart and started brand new.

So here's what I did:
Supplies:
  • Wine Corks-lots of them
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Wreath Form-I've found I'm a big fan of the wooden flat forms. They work great for great for gluing.
  1. Take two corks, angle them inward in a herringbone pattern. Continue all around the wreath form. I find that it is best to put the glue on the bottom of the cork, then sneak some glue into where it touches other corks.
  2. Repeat the same herringbone pattern going the opposite direction of the wreath. Be sure to angle the corks to cover any empty spots from the initial ring.
That's it. Seriously-it was that easy. And no worries, I plan on making some trivets out of the next batch of wine corks I save up. Shouldn't take me nearly as long.

No comments: