Thursday, November 26, 2009

So much to be Thankful for...

'Tis the season to be thankful. And on this Thanksgiving Day, I'd like to take a moment to discuss some of the things I'm thankful for.

1. My husband. He drives me crazy from time to time, but seriously, what human doesn't. He loves and respects me, despite all my quirks, and truly enriches my life. It's been a long year for him, but he's on the cusp of something new and exciting, and I truly admire all the work he's doing.

2. My family. I have wonderfully supportive and caring parents, an honest and humorous sister, and a loving extended family. We have had dealt with our share of health issues as family, and as we continue to deal with them, it's good to know we have each other to lean on.

3. My friends. Thankfully, I have friends that are just as cynical and sarcastic as I am. In that cynicism and sarcasm ,though, they've been strong and supportive to me. And without them, I'd never make it through this world.

4. My job. As much as it drives me crazy, I'm lucky to have a job, particularly one in my rather limited area of interest and expertise. And I feel like I'm finally starting to get some of the respect I deserve.

5. My house. I love my house, as "Brady Buch" as it may be. It's beautiful, it's fun, and it keeps the elements away from me.

6. My Pets. Nothing compares to the unconditional love of a dog, except for maybe the random moments your cat decides she really does love you and wants to cuddle. I am fortunate enough to have both.

7. Coffee. And everyone who encounters me first thing in the morning is thankful for this, too.

8. Wine. What a yummy treat.

9. Chocolate. See above.

10. Beautiful Fall Days. There is nothing like the beautiful colors and crisp weather of a fall day. It truly reminds you there is beauty every where.

What are you thankful for on this Thanksgiving Day?

No comments: