Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Winking Owl Chardonnay


Wine: Winking Owl Chardonnay

Price: $2.99

Store: Aldi









"Pineapple and citrus fruit with hints of vanilla and oak. Pair with salad, grilled fish and lighter meals. " ~ www.aldi.com

I was quite pleasantly surprised by this wine. I expected it to be quite acidic and dry. The fruit tones of this are quite pleasing. This is a dry wine for being so fruity in nature, but very easy drinking. It would probably be more enjoyable in the summer, but I am certainly enjoying this tonight.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found this wine to be very good for a table wine. It isn't what I would call good for a chard, but as an enjoyable table wine, it's exceptional, especially given the price. I would say it's more semi-sweet than semi-dry.