Sunday, January 6, 2013

Week 18


How far along? 18 weeks!

How big is baby? A sweet potato or a bell pepper. About 5 1/2 inches long and 7 ounces 


Total weight gain/loss: I am down about a pound or two from last week at home, actually 5 pounds down from the Dr.'s office last week. I attribute last week's weight being up due to Christmas, and, to be completely honest, when I weigh in at home, I do it in the nude. Obviously, I can't do that in the Dr.'s office. Total Weight Gain is 21 pounds. My goal is to hopefully get it to stay the same for the next couple weeks by trying to eat less junk and more veggies. I am not trying to do any crazy dieting, I just want to try to eat healthier in general. 


Maternity clothes? Contemplating getting an actual BellaBand. I have a "Tummy Sleeve" by Motherhood Maternity, but I'm not happy with it. Some people say the BellaBand is a thicker material, so I think it might stay up better.  


Sleep: I've been staying up later. Friday night I went to bed at 12:30! And sleep has been pretty good once I get there, too!


Best moment this week: Our anniversary! We celebrated 7 years of marriage on Monday, December 31. We saw Les Miserables together then went over to a friend's house for a New Year's Eve party. We rang in the new year quietly at home. 


Movement: Thursday night I could have sworn I had all the Rockettes in there. 


Food Cravings: Still milk and marinara sauce-nothing new. 


Food Aversions: The smell and thought of bananas make me sick. 


Gender: Leaning towards girl this week. 


Labor Signs: Let's hold off on those for another 18-20 weeks!


Pregnancy Symptoms: I sobbed all the way through Les Miserables. My face is improving but my back is disgustingly broken out. I've also had some cramping and soreness in my lower abdominal muscles, especially if I've been moving or lifting a lot. I probably should have taken it a little easier while cleaning up/out the garage.


Belly Button in or out? In. 


What I miss: We went to Olive Garden Thursday night and a glass of sounded lovely. 


What I am looking forward to: I'm about to die not knowing the sex. 


Upcoming appointments/events: Anatomy Scan  on Friday, Jan. 25!


Weekly Wisdom: When opportunity strikes, take full advantage!


Milestones: Purchasing our first big baby item! More to come on that soon...

This was taking in the morning, after grocery shopping, before brunch. I definitely think I looked bigger in last week's picture, and maybe even the week before, proving my point about the nasty end of the day bloat.



No comments: