Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Week 17


****Sorry this is late, it was written, but I had trouble getting the picture done, as Sunday was PJ day and I was gon until very late Monday. ****

How far along? 17 weeks

How big is baby? An onion or turnip. About 5 ounces and 5 inches. 


Total weight gain/loss: About 16 lbs. it was higher at our appointment on Thursday, but then it went down. I'm  thinking extra christmas water weight. 


Maternity clothes? Some here and there. 


Sleep: This week has been hit or miss. We stayed at the in-laws house for two nights. I always ave trouble sleeping there, but I was able to make some adjustments for night #2, and life was much better. 


Best moment this week: Christmas! We had a great time celebrating with our families. We even received a Babies R Us gift card and money towards a crib, so baby was feeling the love, too


Movement: It seems to have picked up more again!


Food Cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary. 


Food Aversions: Nothing out of the ordinary. 


Gender: Leaning more towards a girl this week. 


Labor Signs: None, but I have had several people ask me if I'm scared if giving birth. I'm not really sure how to respond. Of course it makes me nervous, but I've thought about it a lot before deciding to get pregnant and have reconciled that. I guess that's what I should say, but I don feel like going into that amount of details. 


Pregnancy Symptoms: Dry eyes. I had heard this old be a symptom, but I thought it was just a need to change contacts. That hasn't helped, so I think Visine is going to be my new best friend. 


Belly Button in or out? In. 


What I miss: Being able to better explain my emotions. I got ridiculously worked up Thursday about something I knew and acknowledged was silly, but I couldn't articulate why it bothered me so, further frustrating me!


What I am looking forward to: Finding out the sex-scheduled for Jan. 25! A friend was to do some gender reveal pictures, so we'll do them that day, then I think we're going to have dinner with my parents and bring a cake with normal icing and the cake is dyed blue or pink. I'm not a huge fan of over the top reveals-no one else really cares-but I think my parents will enjoy the cake thing, and my friend is very excited about the photo shoot. 


Upcoming appointments/events: Jan. 25, 10AM anatomy scan, 10:30 Dr appt, 3PM photo shoot


Weekly Wisdom: Don't let other's words get to you. People rarely have any understanding how hurtful their words can be, especially when they're intended to be rather innocuous. 


Milestones: I began working on registry stuff this week, while I had time off. I just created a private Amazon.com wish list of things I know I want and thigs I'm researching. Of course, in typical style for me, I went crazy and have almost every thing picked out. 

17 weeks 1 day 23 hours...note to self, take a picture next week in the morning and in the evening.

No comments: