Sunday, January 13, 2013

Week 19





How far along?  19 weeks!

How big is baby? A Mango or Heirloom Tomato...6 inches and 8 1/2 ounces


Total weight gain/loss: Ugh...Up two more this week. I will say I did eat better for the first half of the week, but not the second half. I have felt like crap and therefore eaten like crap. Plus I must have a pound or two of phlegm in my head.


Maternity clothes? I think I need to invest in another pair of maternity pants. Costco is currently carrying their yoga pants which come in variable lengths. I would like to a pair a size larger than what currently have. I also bit the bullet and laid down the $28 for an actual Ingrid and Isabel BellaBand. I've hear the quality is much better than the Motherhood Maternity one I have, so I am hoping it will stay up better. I ordered it through Amazon, along with another little gift for myself (or the little one, depending upon how you look at it), so I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival later this week.


Sleep: Pretty good. 


Best moment this week: We received our first baby gift! My friend Rachel gave us two teething toys, a version of Oh, The Places You'll Go that is intended to be read in utero (she swears she read it to her daughter every night until she was born) and another book by Sandra Boynton (who, ironically, my friend Holly just blogged about). I am so appreciate of Rachel's thoughtfulness and eager to start reading to the baby!











Movement: Very active. I had to go to the Dr for a possible illness, and he popped back in for a moment to ask if I had felt any movement yet. My response, "
Yes, it kicked when you left because it was feeling neglected."

Food Cravings: Meatballs and milk. Not necessarily together, but also not a bad idea. 


Food Aversions:Bananas 


Gender: We find out in 12 days, 20 hours, and 19 mins. Not that I'm counting or anything. 


Labor Signs: None. 


Pregnancy Symptoms: My dry eyes have subsided some -yay! Otherwise, my pregnancy symptoms have been overshadowed by feeling sick this week-congestion, lightheaded, body aches.  I also have had this weird tingly, numbing sensation beneath my shoulder blade, which I wrote off as needing to see the chiropractor again, or at least getting a new bra. When my au t said my grandmother was diagnosed with shingles, I got a little nervous, and per the recommendation of my OB and PCP, ended up with a quick visit to my Dr yesterday afternoon.  No shingles, just an upper respiratory infection. Fabulous. 


Belly Button in or out? In. 


What I miss: Being able to sneeze without peeing myself, which is huge while sick. 


What I am looking forward to: Getting over this cold/infection thing. I felt so lame going to the Dr  Friday...I had really hoped the Dr would just tell me to watch things and call them if it gets worse. But I guess better safe than sorry. 


Upcoming appointments/events: Anatomy scan, check up, and sex reveal photo session January 25. I'm dying to start registering between now and then, too. 


Weekly Wisdom:You are still human, regardless of anything else going on.


Milestones: So...as I mentioned earlier I purchased a a little something else from Amazon along with the BellaBand. Partially to get free shipping, and more because I wanted to, I went ahead and purchased the first piece to work on the nursery. I have been lusting over Skip Hop's Mod Dot Bedding for about a year or so now-well before we were trying to conceive. I decided to bite the bullet and go ahead and order just the sheet. I want to see it in person and make sure it was what I really wanted. 
Courtesy of Amazon
I love the primary colors, and I certainly have a thing for polka dots. I think it's going to look awesome in there. Here's an example of what I am thinking about doing.





Mod Dot Nursery-Gender Neutral

Not the best, but it gives you an idea. I'm so eager to get started on this. I'm not sure how much is my love of decorating and how much is nesting setting in. What I do know is I have too much school work to do than to worry about this right now, but it's so much more fun to worry about a nursery than grade tests and research papers!

No comments: