Sunday, May 5, 2013

Week 35


How far along? 35 weeks down, 35 days to go!

How big is baby? A Coconut or Honeydew Melon...about 18 inches long and around 5 lbs. 


Total weight gain/loss: Why do I even keep this question on here?


Maternity clothes? Same old same old, some yes, some no. I'm really thankful I saved some of my clothes from losing weight. I am able to wear my 10 year reunion dress for a costume in 2 weeks. 


Sleep: Fairly decent. I typically only wake up once to pee, and it's the best pee ever. I actually feel like my bladder gets completely emptied. 


Best moment this week: Explaining cloth diapers to one of my classes. They asked what brand of diapers I was going to use, so I told them we were using cloth, which many of them found appalling. I have to bring in some samples next week to show them. 


And....I won, I won! I was lucky enough to receive a "Baby Registry" Gift from Maria at Change-Diapers. I enjoy reading her posts, and when I entered our formation in the registry, I figured it was an awesome idea, but I wouldn't be one of the lucky ones. Well, I was! I got an email on Weenesday saying I had been selected, and yesterday a Dry-Line Bamboo fitted, Geffen Wipe, and a birthday cake scented Change-Diapers Pen.(I kinda want to eat it.) Thans, Maria for your generosity!




Movement: There have been a few times I've actually jumped in discomfort this week from his movement. And the hiccups ave significantly increased. 


Food Cravings: I love soup. 


Food Aversions: Bananas. 


Gender: Boy


Labor Signs: I had someone tell me I looked like I was starting to drop. Nick asked if that meant the baby was coming soon-I told him it meant he was getting ready, but he could be getting ready for the next 6 weeks or so. 


Pregnancy Symptoms: Gas-it's been bad this week. Also, I'm not sure how much is my schedule and how much is pregnancy, but I've been exhausted lately. 


Belly Button in or out? In. Thus far, I consider this a small victory. 


What I miss: Margaritas. Cinco de Mayo doesn't taste as good without tequila. 


What I am looking forward to: Maternity Leave. I start May 24. As much as I want baby to come a bit early, I really hope I can take a few days there to just sleep. 


Upcoming appointments/events: Had to move last week's appointment to this week. This week I have a work baby shower, and several of my classes are having parties in class.  I'm kinda hoping to go to the Birth and Beyond Expo next Saturday in VA Beach. 


Milestones: 35/35! Seems so close, and yet so much is going on, I feel like I'll never get there. 




Yeah...I think I have dropped a little this week...






No comments: