Sunday, May 19, 2013

Week 37


How far along? 37 weeks. 

How big is baby? A winter melon or a stalk of Swiss chard, 19-21 inches long and anywhere from 6-9 pounds. 


Total weight gain/loss: At the Dr last week I was down 1lb. 


Maternity clothes? Nothing fits! I hate clothes right-I just feel like a cow, which is frustrating because I don't think my belly looks huge, but the rest of me is ginormous. I did get a jersey midi skirt to get me through these last few weeks and the summer, although I secretly hope It gets too big really quickly this summer. 


Sleep: Decent, except Saturday night I was up from 3AM until 6AM. it really sucked because I was so exhausted. I'm trying to figure out how to sleep more comfortably-my bag is awfully stiff when I wake up. 


Best moment this week: Ooh, how to choose....there were a lot. 

1) Secured daycare for the next year!
2) Breast Pump ordered through insurance and should arrive in th next week or so!
3) Maternity pictures with Beth! We met at a local beach to do these, with plans of eating dinner at the pub before hand. While we were eating, the wind picked up and it looked like a nasty storm was brewing. We were afraid we weren't going to get the pictures done, which would really suck, as we wanted to do them last week and had to reschedule. At any rate, the weather cleared up after dinner (and the beach majorly cleared out), and we got some amazing pictures done. Here are a few, and you can see more on Beth's blog




4) Fluff mail! Abby's Lane had 15% off Thirsties products for Mother's Day, so I took advantage. 1white diaper cover to go under outfits you might see a cover through, a size 2 All In One Diaper in Polka Dance (we know I love polka dots!) and a size 2 Duo Diaper in Cool Stripes, a pattern I had been looking for.

5) Cute clearance baby clothes. I can't stand how cute this outfit will come September/early fall. I picked it up while birthday shopping for my niece at Toys R Us. It doesn't hurt that it was originally $37 for the outfit, and I got it for $16, plus earned another $10 gift card. 
6) Performing in Bayside Youth Ballet's 20th Anniversary Gala. I have been so excited about doing this show-I even considered putting off trying for Nick, Jr, for a while so I could be sure I could participate. (Obviously, I worked it out to have my cake and eat it, too.) Everyone was worried I'd pop this kid out on stage, but nick, Jr, and I had several serious discussions that he could do whatever he wanted after 10PM Saturday night, but until then, he had to behave. I like to think he listened, even if he play a bit of a prank (see below). 

Movement: Pretty active, although I had a small scare on Wednesday night. I was stepping down as someone was coming around the corner. In our efforts to miss each other, I ended falling on my tush on the floor. I was pretty sore for the next day or so, and Nick, Jr, was not so active. He did move around Wednesday night, just not as much as he had. By Thursday evening, he was back to his old antics, so I didn't worry too much. 


Food Cravings: Chocolate, but that might not ave anything to do with pregnancy. 


Food Aversions: I won't even think about trying bananas. 


Gender: Boy. 


Labor Signs: I can feel he's getting lower, and I'm certainly more uncomfortable. Gas has been bad, too, and uncontrollable. I feel like he is is pressing down on things and letting out some toots without my knowledge or permission. My appetitite has changed-I'm not nearly so ravenous any more. My stomach has been a bit queasy-not really sick feeling, just off-and my stools have hotten a lot softer. (Lovely thoughts, right?) At my appointment on Monday, I was thinning and maaaaaaaaaybe one 1cm dilated, so things are progressing, but nowhere near eminent. I *think* I may have had one random contraction on Wednesday in class. 

We did have a bit of excitement yesterday...we were taking advantage of some downtime by...enjoying each other's company upstairs. When I got up, the sheets beneath me were soaked. Way more than sweat or any other liquid that typically comes from that type of activity. As I stood up, I felt this horrible cramping pain, which may have a contraction. I got in the shower and started wondering if that puddle could be my water breaking. I didn't think so, but it was a lot of something. Nick said he felt something "squirt." When I got out, I consulted a friend, who recommended I go ahead and call the on-call doctor. Long story short, we ended up at Labor and Delivery. Everything looked good-no contractions (although I could have had one random one)-and my water did not break. Could have been sweat, discharge, urine, or any combination. I felt silly going in, but with the performance tonight, I do believe it was the right choice. More importantly, I think this gave Nick an, "Oh crap, this is real moment," and heled him see what we need to get done in the next few weeks. 

Pregnancy Symptoms: Except for feeling huge, nothing of note. My feet are a bit crampy this morning, and I woke up Friday night with horrible cramps in my thighs. My body temperature has also increased this week-I am always so hot!


Belly Button in or out? In. Maybe it really will stay that way. 


What I miss: Not having people question whether or not I feel like doing something or should be doing something. I appreciate the concern, but it can be frustrating. 


What I am looking forward to: Last day of work is Friday! I can't believe I'm so close! Of course, I have a ridiculous amount of work to do between now and then...lets hope I an make it through the week and get everything finished up. 

Also, our house is a wreck right now. We're (finally) getting the drywall finished, but things are in disarray right now as it all it getting finished. Hopefully, we'll be able to paint next weekend and get it all done. My new goal is to have my house back to normal by June 1. Sounds reasonable, right?

Upcoming appointments/events: Next weekly visit is Wednesday at 3:25PM (weird time, huh?). Hopefully this will be more efficient than the last. 


Milestones: 37 weeks= term. If Nick, Jr, were to come today, he shouldn't need any additional medical help. Of course, I would prefer for him to at least wait until next weekend and let me finish up school, but it's amazing to believe we've made it this far already. 



No comments: