Sunday, May 12, 2013

Week 36

Happy Mother's Day!

It's a little weird-a lot of people at wok wished me a happy Mother's Day...in my mind, though, I'm not really a mother. I'm close, but not quite there yet. Nick did get me an orchid for Mother's Day; of course, he gave it to me while I was having a conversation with a pregnant fend about how I feel awkward celebrating it right now. I felt like an ass, but it's also different from him. It's much more personal, and I really appreciate his thoughtfulness. 

How far along? 36 weeks. 

How big is baby? A honeydew or crenshaw melon, 17-18.5 inches and 4.2-5.8 pounds.


Total weight gain/loss: In three weeks, I gained 6lbs per the dr's scales on Thursday. 


Maternity clothes? Once again, some...I wore a strapless maxi dress (with a cardigan) Friday night that I bought 6 years ago for Rachel's wedding. It looked great. That dress was the best investment-I've Ron it heavier, thinner, and now 8 months pregnant!


Sleep: Some nights are good, some suck. I've been really achy when I wake up, too. 


Best moment this week: Baby shower number3! Tarra and Allison threw an awesome shower at work for me. 


My classes at school also threw some parties this week they called them baby showers, but there weren't really any gifts (I discouraged it). A few kids did bring in some cute things, and I'm so impressed with their thoughtfulness. Two students also brought a gift for a student who is due in August. They crammed a diaper bag full of bottles, pacifiers, and clothes. 

I received several gift cards at the shower, and I've been milking Babies R Us's current promotion: spend $40 in store, get a $10 gift card back. It's valid at Toys R Us, too, so I've gone to both and attempted to spend right at $40, as well as use a 20% off coupon, and then get the gift card. I ended up with $40 in gift cards, then I used my registry completion coupon tonight, and ended up getting another $10 back. Considering I still need to go birthday shopping for my niece, it will come in handy. (And if it doesn't, it's not like I'll never need to go back to BRU/TRU again.) 

Movement: He likes his personal space. The other night Nick put his head on my tummy, and the little booger scooted away. As soon as Nick moved his head, he swam back over. We also found out in rehearsal today baby that, based on his movement, he likes Harry Connick, Jr, Hairspray, Chopin, and Copeland. Pretty diverse (and good taste), if you ask me. 


Food Cravings: None in particular this week. 


Food Aversions: Bananas. 


Gender: Boy. 


Labor Signs: None yet. Dr said at my appointment Wednesday no dilation yet, but my cervix is starting to thin. Right on schedule-nothing too early or late. I just need to get through the next week and I'll be ready to go whenever. 


Pregnancy Symptoms: Gas. It's been horrendous this week. Nesting in the form of organization and shopping, not so much cleaning. I also found out one of my previously assumed symptoms was actually a result of pregnancy brain. My eyesight had not gotten that bad-I was wearing Nick's prescription of contacts for the last 4 months. Oops. 


Belly Button in or out? Still in.


What I miss: Not feeling like there is an alien in my stomach. 


What I am looking forward to: Finishing up home projects. After my brother in law walled in the loft, we've struggled with finding someone to finish the mudding. Tarra and her husband Sam got a layer of mud done today. He needs to sand and do another layer or two of mud, so hopefully it'll be finished by the time I go out on maternity leave. Nick also has a friend that is working on our bath tub. Now to get some yard work done....


Upcoming appointments/events: We're up to weekly appointments-next one is tomorrow. 


Milestones: Hospital bag is packed. Nursery is done. Time to install the car seat. Breast pump paperwork is ready to be submitted for insurance, FMLA paperwork/long term sub set up or school, and registration paper work just needs to mailed to the hospital. 





Just for fun, I took this little quiz. We'll see if Nick, Jr holds true to it or not! Chances look good for right around my due date!



No comments: