Monday, August 17, 2009

Calina Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon


Wine: Calina Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon
Price: $11.00
Store: The Virginia Wine Experience

"The 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon is dark, rich and expansive. It is laced with flavors ranging from plums, cassis and cherry to earth, cedar and anise. It is open and generous on the palate with enough tannin and acidity to keep it balanced and delicious." ~ www.calina.com

Now, I know this is an expensive wine for me, but it's a damn fine wine, and I loooooooooove the store I purchased it from. If I'm going to shell out a little more for a product, it needs to be good and I have to feel OK spending money on it. So for an analysis of the wine itself...it has a very faint cherry scent to it. The taste is very mild, yet flavorful. There are some hints of smokiness. We enjoyed this as we ate a rather spicy mexican dish, and it really provide a nice base against the spiciness. I would highly recommned this wine.

Recommendation: 5 out of 5 stars

No comments: