Monday, February 18, 2013

Week 24

How far along? 24 weeks (+1 day...didn't get to post yesterday. Oops)

How big is baby? Either a cantaloupe or an ear if corn. About a foot long and a little over a pound. 


Total weight gain/loss: I've been bad about getting on the scars every week between this appointment and the last. But, since I have n appointment this afternoon, I hopped on. Wow. I'm up 10 lbs between my last appointment and today. I guess I made up this month what I don't gain last month. So not thrilled about it, but I can't say I'm surprised. I haven't felt well and I've eaten waaaaay too much comfort food. Thus fat, I'm up. Grand total of about 30 lbs since getting pregnant. 


Maternity clothes? I've decided I really hate them, although, I'm in a dressing slump right now. I need to figure out how to dress my shaper a little cuter with hat I have. I don't want to buy anything else until its short sleeves (or a shower outfits). 


Sleep: Getting to sleep is harder-I'm having more difficulty getting comfortable-but I'm staying asleep pretty well. About half the nights in the week I wake up in the middle of the night to o to the bathroom, but it hasn't been too bad. The worst part is getting out from underneath the pillows and covers and then not tripping over a dog. (Whose idea was it anyway to get two clingy black dogs?)


Best moment this week: My showers are officially scheduled. One for some old friends April 7, Family April 14, and a work one May 8. I've been looking at the calendar and freaking out about time in general. I have a plan as to when we are taking our childbirth class, too. (May 5)


Movement: Very active! The boy likes music. When I teach, I don't feel him when I move with the girls, but when I'm still and the music is still on, he moves so much! And he definitely calms down when the music is not playing. 


Food Cravings: Meatballs and Marinara


Food Aversions: Still won't go near a banana. 


Gender: Boy


Labor Signs: None, although I still am having some Braxton Hicks from time to time. 


Pregnancy Symptoms: My eyesight...oh my contacts are driving me batty! I can't wait until either they go back to normal or I can get new contacts. 


Belly Button in or out? In. 


What I miss: Energy. I have wanted to get more things done, but I get exhausted o quickly. I think I'm getting sick again, which is probably more if a contributor to my fatigue, but it still sucks. 


What I am looking forward to: Buying more cloth diapers. It's seriously addicting. And right now we're just talking prefolds and covers. 


Upcoming appointments/events: 24 week appointment this afternoon, 2PM. 


Milestones: V Day! As much as Nick Jr needs to keep baking, it's exciting to know we've reached the point of viability. If something were to go wrong and he was born today, he would have a long, rough road, but he would be considered having a chance. 




No comments: