Sunday, June 2, 2013

Week 39


In general, it was a rough week. I've gone back and forth with extreme energy and extreme exhaustion. We found out Nick is being transferred to a new school, which we have mixed feelings on, but once we realized is current job is being cut to part time, we do feel better. Additionally, we got a little more wok on the house done. Nick painted the downstairs wall, but the color doesn't match. The plumber came, and while he made progress, things aren't quite finished yet. And Nick was in a minor accident on Friday, which may have caused one major damage to his car. We're waiting to find out more. It's definitely been a roller coaster week. 


How far along? 39 weeks

How big is baby? Pretty much as big as he can be. A mini watermelon, anywhere from 6-10 lbs, and 19-21 inches. 


Total weight gain/loss: +1lb at the Dr on Thursday. 


Maternity clothes? I hate clothes. I have a few staples I am wearing, some maternity, some not. I wore a beach over up/sundress the past to nights and actually felt cute. 


Sleep: I've been pretty tired this week, although about every third morning (Wednesday and Saturday) I've been up ridiculously early. The actual sleep is OK though. I'm usually up during the 4AM hour, which makes me think he'll come around tat time. 


Best moment this week: Waking up Tuesday AM, and despite Nick having to go to work, I didn't!


Movement: Pretty active. Wednesday he did go through a quiet phase, but made up for it Thursday. 


Food Cravings: None. 


Food Aversions: Bananas. 


Gender: Boy. 


Labor Signs: Some inconsistent contractions. As of Thursday, still no change in dilation. Contractions (and back pain) increase while I'm up and active, but disappear when I sit down. 


Pregnancy Symptoms: Swollen feet. They improved, and then got worse. My lady parts are also incredibly swollen. 


Belly Button in or out? In! I can do this-I can keep an innie the entire time!


What I miss: People not wanting to know the status of my cervix. It's very awkward. Additionally, if I could go back in time, I probably wouldn't have gotten any internal exams till this week. Ignorance is bliss, especially on something that could change so quickly. And it would really irritate them if I had no clue as to my status, too. 


What I am looking forward to: Finally not being pregnant. 


Upcoming appointments/events: Next appointment is Wednesday. I'm sure I'll be there, and not in the hospital. We also already have our 40 week appointment set up for Monday, June 10 at 10:30AM. 


Milestones: I guess the next major milestone will be either making it to my due date, or surviving labor. I'd really like this baby to come on this week. 
Sadly enough, it took 5 pictures to get this good of an expression. It was just not happening today.


I feel huge and low. Please let this be the week.



No comments: