Saturday, August 2, 2008

Honey Moon Viogner

Name: Honey Moon Viogner
Purchased: Trader Joe's
Price: $4.99



"Viogner is a rare stylish grap with golden hues and amazing floral scents. Our Honey Moon Viogner is named after the June full moon, which signifies the moment when the sweet scent of the flowers turn into young grapes, creating this lush, full bodied wine with peach, apricot, and honeysuckle aromas followed by luscious honey, mango and nectarine finish." ~back of the bottle.


In my opinion, this is a great summer evening wine. I'd love to enjoy this with some strawberries and chocolate. (Who am I kidding? I love strawberries and chocolate period.) It's a bit sweet, with definite fruity overtones. It's also very acidic in nature. I would agree with the bottle's description of a full bodied wine, althouh it doesn't feel very heavy going down. The scent is very fruit, with a vague hint of spice. This would be one of my favorite sweet wines.

Rating: 4 Stars



2 comments:

Vintage Gal Marialena said...

ooo! that sounds delicious..I think I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for the recommendation! - whatwedding

leah @maritalbless said...

I'll definitely be giving this a shot!