Friday, August 8, 2008

Michelob Ultra Tuscan Orange Grapefruit

Name: Michelob Ultra Tuscan Orange Grapefruit Beer
Price: $5.69/six pack (I think...)
Store: Farm Fresh, also have purchased it at Total Wine.

" pilsner with fresh juicy orange notes and a slight pink-grapefruit finish." ~http://www.michelobultra.com/Product.Info/Fruit.aspx

Last summer, I was at the illustrious Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and we decided to enroll in "Beer School." It's a tasting of beers by Anheuser Busch in the theme park. (I really wonder what is going to happen with all those jobs now that Anheuser Busch has been sold. It could be quite detrimental to the economy here.) I tried the Michelob Ultra Pomegranete Raspberry Beer and really enjoyed it. Last night I picked up the Tuscan Orange Grapefruit flavor for something different.

Let me preface this by saying I am a very picky beer drinker and tend to like lighter beers. Both flavors I have tried from this brand are very good. The fruit flavors are very, very light and provide a nice after taste. It's not a particularly sweet beer, making it easy to enjoy without being over powering. It's a great summer evening beer, but if you really enjoy dark ales, this is definitely not the beer for you.


No comments: