Friday, August 1, 2008

Ménage à Trois Rosé

Name: Ménage à Trois Rosé , 2006 California Rose Table Wine
Purchased: Food Lion
Price: $10.99
http://folieadeux.com/mat/rose.html

"Good rosé is like a carnival in your mouth—and not one of your low rent carnivals. We’re talking about your really classy, country faire kind of carnival. Our Ménage à Trois Rosé is the epitome of a good rosè. No pretension, no pretense, just a fruit-laden roller coaster ride of raspberries, strawberries, lychee nuts and flowers." ~ http://www.folieadeux.com/

I know, I know...I have two blush entries in a row. I promise, I enjoy whites and reds as well, it just happens that we've been drinking blushes recently.

I'll also admit, I like this wine because of the name. So does the hubs...mainly because it's the only kind of ménage à trois he'll get.
According to the bottle, this wine is a blend of Merlot, Syrah, and Gewurztraminer. Right away, my first thought was it was much more like a traditional red than a rosé. There is strong acidity to the wine, with a slight hint of fruitiness. There is a little bit of a spicy, peppery kick to this wine, but is very smooth going down. Aromatically speaking, it's a very light wine. There are some citrus and apple hints, but overall there is not a very strong scent to it. I would recommend this wine to people who enjoy reds, but need something a little lighter to drink throughout the evening or without food.
Rating: 3 stars

No comments: