Saturday, August 9, 2008

Twin Vines Vinho Verde

Wine: Twin Vines Vinho Verde
Cost: $6.96
Purchased: Farm Fresh

"Twin Vines is a refreshing white from the vinho verde region in the northern part of Portugal. This versatile crisp wine pairs well with chicken, light pasta entrees, seafood, and summer salads. Serve well chilled." ~back of the bottle

I realized the other day that grocery stores tend to be regional, not national, but most of these wines you could purchase anywhere. The only wines you may have difficulty finding are those from Trader Joe's. I tend to like a lot of their wines sold exclusively in their stores.

This may very well be my new favorite wine. This wine has a very soft, almost floral scent, with a very slight hint of citrus acidity. The scents are a very clear indicator of what you're going to taste. It's a very soft tasting wine. The best part about this wine is although it is not sparkling, it has a bit of effervescence to it. Definitely dresses up the wine, and makes it feel much more high class and expensive than it really is.

There is one downside...it's a screw top. I still love the wine, but I feel like that does cheapen it a little bit.

Rating: 4 1/2 stars

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I followed the link to your blog from your nest siggy...my husband and I are always looking for new wines to try!

A note about the screw tops:
I felt the same way about them until a wife of my husband's coworker told us that they're actually better than cork. Since she was a wine rep for a long time before she started having kids, I tend to trust her advice on things. It keeps the wine better. (Although I prefer the look of corks still!)

MrsMerlin from the nest