Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Week 14

December 9, 2012

How far along? 14 weeks

How big is baby? A lemon-about 3 1/2 inches long and 1 1/2 ounces.

Total weight gain/loss: Total of 15 lbs. the last 2 weeks I've been holding steady, so while I feel like I've gained a huuuuuge amount compared to what I would have liked, I am hoping I can transfer some of excess Thanksgiving weight into baby weight. I get that I need to gain, and most of 1st tri I ate to prevent from getting sick. I'm not going to starve myself, but I'm working on getting a better handle ontne cravings and making sure I'm getting in more fruits and veggies. 

Maternity clothes? Not wearing any, but considering getting a pair of Gap jeans really soon. Those jeans fit me better non-pregnant than any other and they ome in talls. They're not cheap, though, and I'm debating the cost. Gap also has a pair of red pants I want, too....for not as much. 

Sleep: Getting better. I stayed with my parents Friday night, and it was rough. I was up at 4AM, and couldn't go back to sleep. My friend let me borrow her pregnancy pillow, and I really think it helped last night. 

Best moment this week: Staying home on Friday to clean the house. Sounds lame, but it was so necessary. 

Movement: I keep thinking I fel something every so often, but I think I'm imagining things. 

Food Cravings: Carbs are always a good idea, but that's my philosophy in life in general. 

Food Aversions: Cafeteria food. I smelled it twice, and wanted to yak. Usually I can at least tolerate it. 

Gender: We started talking names last name, for the first time seriously. (Ironically, it was initiated by a list an eight year old gave me.) We seem more interested in girl names, but maybe that's because there is more variation in them. 

Labor Signs: None whatsoever. 

Pregnancy Symptoms: Friday (and yesterday, for that matter) I was extremely weepy. Like out of control. The acne is still bad, and I've been meaning to write about the red bumps on my chest...I've had them all along, but forget to include them here. It's not acne, just bizarre. 

Belly Button in or out? In. I have a very deep belly button, so if it pops out, it'll take a while. 

What I miss: Energy. Being able to have a drink after a long day. 

What I am looking forward to: Looking pregnant, not like I eat Thanksgiving dinner every night. 

Upcoming appointments/events: Need to call and schedule my 16 week appointment for 2 weeks from now. :-)

Weekly Wisdom: Think rationally. Acknowledge the worst, but never assume that till you fully assess the situation. I landed a jump wrong yesterday and assumed I had just jammed my toe. Then I struggled with getting my shoe on. And it hurt to walk. Then by the evening I had convinced myself I had actually broken it. Hypochondriac much? Today the swelling is down, bruising is still there, but it feels much better. And, considering I can move it, it's definitely not broken. I know my situation was not pg related, but it's so easy to let your imagination run wild when pregnant. 

Milestones: I'm officially in every single book out of first trimester! Woohoo! This pregnancy is 33% complete...but I have to keep in mind I was oblivious to the first 3 weeks and 5 days of it, so of course this trimester is going to seem longer. 

Same shirt I was wearing at 10 weeks, with a little bit of a difference.


***And now I'm officially caught up with all my weekly posts!***

No comments: