Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Week 8

October 28, 2012

How far along? 8 Weeks!

How big is baby? A Raspberry or a kidney bean. I almost bought some raspberries in the store yesterday, but then I felt canibalistic. 

Total weight gain/loss:Stayed the same this week! So about 3 lbs total

Maternity clothes?  Nope
  Sleep: I have created this little nest in bed. A king sized pillow on either side, with a third one at my head and my foam contoured pillow with that. It has made me much more comfortable this week, and I've been sleeping much better.

Best moment this week: Telling a random person in Ulta that I am pregnant. I was looking for some pregnancy friendly acne treatment. This kind lady gave me a recommendation, but it had salycic acid in it. I told her that I appreciated the rec, but I was pregnant and couldn't use that kind. It was kinda fun.   

Movement:Nada.

Food cravings: If I see it or hear about it, I want it. Last night, it was pizza, really bad. I almost ordered Papa John's just for me.

Food Aversions: Bananas still don't seem appealing, but nothing else.

Gender:I have no clue...no strong feelings right now.

Labor Signs: Nope

Pregnancy Symptoms: My nausea has been better this week. I find I am more likely to get sick if I drink decaf coffee, so I'm not drinking it as much. I feel like I need to pay more attention to my caffeine in take other than coffee, too, so I can drink my caffeine in my coffee. I miss it-mainly for the flavor. 

I also had a random gagging episode in class on Friday. It was not pleasant, and I do not recommend it to others. 

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss:Coffee. I know I can drink it, but I need to make sure I'm being careful of any other caffeine intake.

What I am looking forward to: Ultrasound on Wednesday!

Upcoming appointments/events: We have our first appointment with the doctor on Wednesday, including an ultrasound. We are so excited, but I think we'll go crazy if this Hurricane Sandy knocks out electricity and our appointment is rescheduled. Right now, we still have power, but the storm isn't so bad yet. We'll see how things go.

Weekly Wisdom: Do what you can, when you can...including nap.

Milestones:Today is 8 weeks! I feel like that is a huge accomplishment right there. 



At least my hair looks a little better than in the last two.

No comments: