Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Week 7

October 21, 2012

How far along? 7 weeks

How big is baby? A Blueberry! About 1/2 an inch

Total weight gain/loss: Forgot to weigh this morning...I'll do it later this week. 

Maternity clothes? Nope...although I spent $30 at Kohl's this week on 2 pairs of shorts, a pair of jean capris, and a maxi skirt. All maternity. I can't pass up a great sale, esp on stuff I will need come May. 

Sleep: I find that if I take a short nap and stay up later (10 or 10:30PM) I sleep through the night much better. Otherwise, I wake up around 4AM and have trouble going back to sleep.

Best moment this week: We had our first Dr's appointment this week! We both went, and after we did the insurance paperwork, we were sent back out to the lobby to wait. When they called me back again, Nick got ready to come back with me. The nurse said, "No, we don't need him right now." Ummm...ok. We did height and weight (and she said I was 3 inches shorter than I am! We measured when I got home. She's wrong. I have not shrunk) and then I peed in a cup. As she took my blood pressure, we talked some about the blood draw. I realized at that point she had no intentions of bringing Nick back for anything else. I played up my unfortunate blood giving situation from 3 years ago, and she said she would take me to a room and lay me down to do the blood draw. We went over my medical history (she gave me a look when I mentioned the twins in my family), and once we got ready to go through my "goody bag" together, I said, "My husband would really appreciate being here for this. Can I go get him now?" He came on back, which was nice to have another set of ears to hear this, and then we did the blood draw. It wasn't that bad...and I don't think people realized it wasn't the sight of blood or the needle that made me sick before, but rather the actual loss of blood. Overall, a good appointment, with a few grumpy moments.

Movement: I felt the blood flowing out of my arm. That's about it for pregnancy related movement. 

Food cravings: Protein. I am curious to see if I'm a little anemic when we get the results from the bloodwork back.

Food Aversions: Still not digging bananas.

Gender: Had a dream Friday night it was a girl. In this dream, I was walking around with my newborn, and a day later, I realized she hadn't fussed or cried at all, so I hadn't fed her. I decided to try to breastfeed, and she wouldn't let go. I walked around for the rest of the day with this baby literally attached to me. I didn't even have to hold on to her, the power of her suction could do it alone. If I could detach her,she wouldn't cry, but make this frightening face where she would smack her gums together. Reminded me a little of Seymour from "Little Shop of Horrors."

Labor Signs: None

Pregnancy Symptoms: My grandmother is bedridden, and when we visited her yesterday, she had soiled herself. I felt so bad I could not stay in her room. My sister and aunt got her cleaned up quickly, and my grandmother was able to get up (with assistance) and visit us out in the living room, but I nearly lost it in the bedroom. 

I've also still been dealing with some nausea. I have found that food helps, especially protein. I feel like I've eaten like a pig this week, but now I think I have a better idea of what to do to keep the nausea better under control.  

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: Wine. I picked up some sparkling grape juice and wine this week. Makes me happier.

What I am looking forward to:

Upcoming appointments/events: First Ultrasound in a week and a half!

Weekly Wisdom: Figure out what you need to do to survive, then adjust that to make you healthier. This week I have eaten whatever to try to prevent me from getting sick. I'll take what I learned this week, stop being a pig, and hopefully eat healthier and not get sick. Fingers crossed!

Milestones:Thankful to be through the first appointment and still have a positive pregnancy test. I am so nervous, though, that when we go in on Halloween, there will be no heartbeat. I will rejoice in everything we've experienced so far.

Forgive the bad hair...

1 comment:

KT said...

You look MARVELOUS! Love reading these!